United Way of the Capital Region’s Bridges Society connects the next generation of diverse leaders through giving and volunteering. Membership is open to those who make a minimum gift of $500 to United Way.
- Bridges Breakfasts: Network with local leaders and learn about the importance of giving back to our community.
- Bridges Society and Tocqueville Society Joint Event: An opportunity to network with members of our Tocqueville Society, United Way’s premier leadership giving group.
- Literacy for Life: Read with kids from Downey and Ben Franklin elementary schools during our Barnes & Noble field trips, sponsored by Enterprise Rent-A-Car. You’ll also complete a scavenger hunt and help students select a book to take home.
- Youth Day of Caring: Volunteer alongside hundreds of local high school students to work on volunteer projects in our community.
- Annual Campaign: In 2013, 565 Bridges Society members raised $732,403 to benefit our community through United Way.
- Donate $500 or more to United Way of the Capital Region.
- Check the Bridges Society box on the United Way of the Capital Region pledge form.
- If you do not have a United Way pledge card, fill out the form on the Bridges Membership Flyer and return it to United Way.
Bridges Society Sponsors
- Highmark Blue Shield