Planned Giving Opportunities
Here are planned giving vehicles that can benefit you, your family and the United Way Foundation of the Capital Region. We encourage you to discuss these options with your financial advisor.
- Bequests: Make a lasting contribution in your will.
- Qualified Pension Plans: Name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your retirement plan.
- Life Insurance: Name the Foundation as owner and/or beneficiary.
- Life Income Opportunities: Annuities and trusts can provide lifetime income and then benefit the UW Foundation.
- Retained Life Estates and Other Real Estate Options: Live in your home for the remainder of your life, and then have it benefit United Way.
- Stock/Appreciated Securities: Receive significant tax advantages.
- Cash: A quick and easy way to show your support.
The simplest and most common way for you to make a planned gift is by remembering United Way of the Capital Region in your will. To ensure what matters to you most is honored, you should consider creating a will. Without one, state laws will decide how to divide your assets and additional costs could be incurred in this process.
There are many ways to make a charitable designation in your will. For more information, and for sample bequest wording, please read our bequest brochure. If you choose to include the Foundation in your will, please let us know by sending the “letter of intent” described below.
Charitable Gift Annuity
If you donate to a United Way gift annuity, you will receive an income tax deduction for your gift, guaranteed fixed annuity payments for life, based on a rate higher than current CD rates, and the remaining principal of the fund will benefit United Way of the Capital Region into the future.
For more information, view United Way Worldwide's Chartible Gift Annuity Brochure.
There are tax advantages for giving now and for the future through your IRA. For more information, please read United Way Worldwide’s IRA giving brochure. This includes information about the current rollover rules for IRA giving.
Letter of Intent
We would appreciate knowing if you intend to make a planned gift to the Foundation. If you prefer to remain anonymous, your gift will be kept confidential. Please download the letter of intent, complete and mail to:
Vice President of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
United Way Foundation of the Capital Region
2235 Millennium Way
Enola, PA 17025
For More Information
Download or print a copy of our charitable giving options flyer.