POSITION: Executive Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: President's Office
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist and support the President/CEO in the efficient operation of the organization and the management of the volunteer and staff structure.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide high-level administrative support to the President and CEO.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) efficiently in order to complete a variety of administrative tasks.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to develop and disseminate electronic correspondence/appointments on behalf of the CEO and the organization.
- Utilize the organization’s database to track constituent information and develop/maintain a variety of exports and reports.
- Maintain a variety of files, records and other organizational documents.
- Continuously improve existing administrative processes/procedures, as well as recommend the implementation of new processes/procedures which may benefit the CEO and organization.
Communicate effectively on behalf of the CEO with members of the staff, volunteers, donors and community partners.
- In order to facilitate communications, maintain an understanding of the organization’s strategic direction, key messaging and current work of the CEO’s office.
- Develop and disseminate a variety of correspondence including but not limited to staff memos, board/committee memos, campaign solicitation/ acknowledgement letters, grant requests to local foundations, etc.
- Work with the communications and marketing department to develop and disseminate mass communications.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to staff and other constituents.
Maintain the President and CEO’s calendar and work flow.
- Assist the CEO in scheduling and preparing for meetings with high-profile volunteers, donors and community partners, as well as internal meetings with staff.
- Manage scheduling conflicts, assist in determining priorities for the CEO’s time and serve as a "gatekeeper" creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO.
- As necessary, facilitate timely response to high-priority e-mails, phone calls and other requests for the CEO’s time and attention. As appropriate, provide a response on behalf of the CEO, delegate to a more appropriate team member or gather and present background information for CEO’s consideration.
- Develop and maintain timelines for a variety of processes related to the organization and the office of the CEO. Work with the CEO to ensure work is on-schedule and deadlines are met.
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO when possible, looking ahead at schedules, timelines and anticipated work flow.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Governance Committee and other board-level committees as assigned.
- Assist CEO in maintaining committee charters, rosters, membership term schedules and other governing documents. Utilize the organizations database to track membership, terms, biographical, contact information, etc.
- Coordinate meetings of the Board/Committees. Assist the CEO/Chairs in development of a meeting schedules, dissemination meeting notices, development of agendas and meeting materials, meeting setup, coordination of lunch sponsorships and catering orders, encouraging/monitoring attendance, etc.
- Attend meetings for the purpose of developing meeting minutes and following up on action items.
Maintain confidentiality pertaining to information within the President's office including, but not limited to, personnel matters.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or 5-plus years of related experience.
- Organization skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability and accuracy in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer software applications.