POSITION DESCRIPTION: Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Support Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Support Services
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To serve as the first point of contact for people calling or visiting the United Way of the Capital Region and to provide support services to the finance department in all functions. Coordinate general office functions for all departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones, greet visitors, and refer to appropriate staff person or department. Update in/out board daily and have knowledge of staff members' location.
- Develop general understanding of telephone system and its features. Train other staff members on front desk responsibilities as necessary.
- Coordinate front desk and phone coverage with other staff for breaks, lunch and other time off. Prepare backup schedule for reception desk and circulate to appropriate staff.
- Maintain phone extension list, organizational chart, in/out board, mailboxes, and internal/external event calendars.
- Open and sort mail and deliver to appropriate staff mail boxes. Maintain all checks to assemble the daily payment batch and prepare totals and deposit for the bank.
- Evaluate and maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies and place office supply orders with vendors. Distribute and/or store supplies upon delivery.
- Help coordinate special mass and bulk mailings and maintain postage machine.
- Maintain reception area and update lobby signs. Each night at 5:00, turn off postage and copy machines, turn off lights, put phones on night service, and lock front door.
- Provide customer service to both donors and agencies regarding designations. Help manage correspondence with agencies regarding online designation information (via website).
- Assist in entering campaign pledge and designation information into campaign software database.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the finance department and other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent. Associate’s Degrees, or other formal training a plus
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills required and experience working in a multitask environment is helpful.
- Proficient in word processing, Excel, and data entry. Microsoft Office Specialist certification a plus.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.