LINC (Lead. Impact. Network. Change.)
United Way of the Capital Region’s LINC (Lead. Impact. Network. Change.) delivers unique volunteer events that elevate your community, connections and calendar. During these events you’ll have the opportunity to volunteer and network with other early career professionals who are passionate about developing new skills and getting involved to build a stronger, more vibrant community.
LINC is exclusive to individuals age 30 and under who donate $250 or more to United Way of the Capital Region’s Community Impact Fund or pilot projects.
Community Leadership and Volunteering
Exclusive Events and Volunteer Opportunities: In 2018, United Way LINC held “Brews & Blankies.” to network, nosh and assemble “no sew” blankets for clients of our Contact to Care pilot project. Members assembled more than 400 birthday bags for local families in need. LINC also partnered with the Hershey Bears to collect juice and milk for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.
- Annual Campaign: In 2018, 114 members contributed $41,297 to support United Way's Community Impact Fund, as well as our community pilot projects in the areas of access to health care, school readiness and workforce development.
How to Join
- Donate $250 or more to United Way of the Capital Region’s Community Impact Fund or pilot projects.
- Be a young professional between the ages of 22-30.
- Check the LINC box on the United Way pledge form.
- Don’t have a pledge form? Sign up online at harrisburg.uwlinc.org.
For More Information
- View our LINC Membership flyer.
- Sign up on the United Way LINC website to receive more information.
United Way Foundation of the Capital Region
Boyer & Ritter, CPA’s
Millers Mutual Insurance
Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz
Penn National Insurance