United Way of the Capital Region is looking for an experienced professional to fill an administrative assistant position. This position supports the resource development department staff and volunteers who are essential to the efficient operation of the department.
Provide administrative support to resource development staff:
- Maintain accurate records pertinent to the department. This includes prospect lists, designation and gift data, event attendance and volunteer committees.
- Compile data and summary reports for department needs, i.e. company profile sheets, goal sheets and database reports.
- Develop and maintain organized files of correspondence, reports, account files and other activities pertaining to volunteers and resource development projects.
- Compose routine correspondence with workplace campaign coordinators and donors.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committee meetings, assuming responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supplemental documentation.
- Provide support for special events/trainings both prior to the event and on-site. Detail support for reservations, attendance, invitations, flyers, etc.
Coordinate and prepare for annual governmental campaign programs:
- Complete and submit the Combined Federal Campaign application and coordinate agency enrollments and activities within this program.
- Coordinate the State Employee Combined Appeal (SECA) agency application process. Through ongoing communication, verify and secure necessary agency documentation to secure acceptance.
Collaboration with organizational staff:
- Assist in establishing and implementing work flow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the Enterprise User Group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in Front Desk coverage as back-up to the Receptionist.
- High school diploma with prior demonstrated administrative success.
- 3-5 years administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience working with a database.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license.
The is a full-time position with an hourly rate between $16.41 - $17.44, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
United Way of the Capital Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principle of diversity with both our employees and volunteers. We therefore:
- Value diversity in all aspects of United Way of the Capital Region activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or physically challenged individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any other form of discrimination or harassment.