Major Gifts Officer
United Way of the Capital Region has an opening for a major gifts officer to help us grow relationships with major gift donors.
This position supports the planning, coordination and implementation of the individual major gifts ($10,000+) and the individual leadership gifts ($1,000+) programs to meet United Way of the Capital Region’s major gifts fundraising goal and build the individual donor base. This position is responsible for the direct solicitation of gifts and the coordination of other staff and volunteers in additional donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Implement the major gifts program strategic plan
- Manage the leadership gifts program
- Solicit large gifts on behalf of the organization
- Manage relationships with donors and donor prospects
- Three to five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or equivalent work-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, public speaking, group training/facilitation, and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and gain the respect of a broad constituency base, including executive levels in business, industry and government, foundation management, service providers and other key community leaders.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position with a generous employee benefit and retirement package.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
United Way of the Capital Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principle of diversity with both our employees and volunteers. We therefore:
- Value diversity in all aspects of United Way of the Capital Region activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or physically challenged individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any other form of discrimination or harassment.