Free Tax Preparation Help
FREE Virtual Tax Prep Services Through Money in Your Pocket’s Touch-Free Taxes Program
This year Money in Your Pocket will offer free virtual tax preparation services through the Touch-Free Taxes program. Low- to moderate-income individuals and families who made $57,000 or less in 2020 are eligible. The mobile-friendly website connects you to one of our trained United Way volunteers to help complete your taxes remotely at no cost.
How to Use Touch-Free Taxes
- Visit www.getyourrefund.org/uwcrpa then answer the questions and upload photos of your tax information and forms. This can be done by scanning them or taking a photo with your smart phone.*
- A volunteer will contact you to do a phone interview/intake to begin the preparation process.
- A volunteer will prepare your Federal and State returns remotely.
- A volunteer will call you to review the completed return.
- Your return will be e-mailed to you to review and sign.
- Once signed, a volunteer will submit your return electronically.
- Your local return will be e-mailed to you to print and mail to your local tax office.
- Once processed, you will receive your refund via direct deposit or paper check.
For more information, click on the button below to view or download the Touch-Free Taxes flyer.
*If you do not have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer to scan your tax documents, we will offer scanning assistance at several locations by appointment only. A few things to keep in mind:
- You will be required to wear a mask at all times and have your temperature checked prior to entering the building.
- If you are feeling ill, have a temperature or have traveled outside the state in the previous two weeks, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We will be following all recommended health and safety guidelines for your safety and the safety of our volunteers. This includes wearing masks, observing limits on occupancy and closing the scanning sites if there is another general shutdown.
The Money in Your Pocket program is funded by the U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service and PNC Bank.
Do Your Own Taxes Online for Free Through MyFreeTaxes
Individuals with computer skills can utilize the website, www.myfreetaxes.com and prepare their own state and federal taxes. MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all simple returns and includes schedule C. This easy-to-use website is sponsored by United Way Worldwide.