Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Community Pilot Project
In September 2017, United Way and our community partners launched Ready for School, Ready to Succeed, a pilot project to prepare children academically and socially for kindergarten. The project employs early education liaisons. Their focus is through the lens of the school they work with to tailor approaches for school readiness. Research shows high-quality pre-K programs increase a child’s chances of succeeding in school.
As of June 1, 2018, Ready for School, Ready to Succeed has had the following results:
- 436 individuals have participated in 48 workshops at Kindergarten Academy and Newport Elementary School.
- An additional 245 individuals have participated in 25 workshops at Foose Elementary School, which welcomed families throughout Harrisburg.
- 159 students are registered for kindergarten because of this program.
- Download the Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Flyer
- Watch the Ready for School, Ready to Succeed Video
- Download the We Have a Story to Tell Piece