Click on the blue boxes below to see our current job opportunities.
United Way of the Capital Region is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and seeks to hire as diverse a staff as possible.
We are currently researching a hybrid work schedule to allow staff to work a combination of remote and in-office.
Department: Finance & Support Services
Reports To: VP of Finance & Support Services
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time with core hours of Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Purpose of Position: To manage and provide accounting functions including general office support with the emphasis on oversight of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Maintain accounts receivable by posting and reviewing payment transactions, adjustments, transfers, and billing information. Generate reports, maintain payments batch files, prepare general ledger entries, help resolve pledge receivables issues, and assist with collection of receivables and reconciliations.
- Assist in auditing campaign envelopes and maintaining Major Donor accounts.
- Maintain transactions and prepare reports for special events.
- Assist in reconciling campaign related accounts. Prepare documents related to assigned accounts as necessary for annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience with accounts payable and receivable.
- 1-3 years experience in Accounts Receivables or other accounting experience – preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Must be detail oriented, have an intermediate to advanced working knowledge of databases and their typical functions, and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of specific software as related to especially those pertaining to financial management, accounting, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Intermediate knowledge of current principles, practices, and applications of data processing and information systems, especially as it pertains to financial management.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and prepare specialized reports.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience working with volunteers and in the nonprofit/fundraising environment.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel, although rare, may be expected.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $48,000
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].
United Way Core Competencies for All Staff
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.