Click on the blue boxes below to see our current job opportunities.
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Director of Major Gifts
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time with core hours of Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative and donor service support for the planning, coordination and implementation of the individual major gifts ($10,000+) and the individual leadership gifts ($1,000+) programs to meet United Way of The Capital Region’s major gifts fundraising goal.
- Maintain accurate records and databases pertinent to the department. This includes prospect lists, designation and gift data, event attendance and volunteer committees. This data is for the Tocqueville Society, planned giving, non-workplace leadership division and related events.
- Compile data and summary reports for department needs, i.e. designation reports, gift and pledge tracking, annual prospect lists, etc.
- Coordinate Tocqueville designation requests: data and gift entry, donor and agency designation confirmation, DDO statements and summary reports.
- Prepare materials for mailings to include list management, merging letters and other materials, collating, stuffing and mailing. This includes the annual campaign packets and thank you letters for leadership and Tocqueville donors.
- Provide support for the director of major gifts and/or other major gifts staff including but not limited to pulling reports, scheduling meetings, taking minutes/notes, managing technology for meetings, etc.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committee meetings, assuming responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supporting documentation.
- Provide support for special events both prior to the event and on-site for the event with invitations, reservations, attendance, and other duties as assigned.
Manage Relationships with Donors and Prospects
- Work cross functionally with marketing/communications to produce materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors and supporters.
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of the staff, board and volunteers as appropriate.
- Identify and implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship and appreciation.
- Ensure all gifts in the major gifts program receive follow-up communications and recognition.
- Assist in prospect research and wealth-screening reports for prospective major givers.
Collaboration with Organizational Staff
- Assist in establishing and implementing workflow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the Andar (database) user group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in front desk coverage as back-up to the receptionist.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years secretarial experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in databases, including entering and editing data, pulling reports, reviewing data and providing analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: $33,000 – $38,000
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].