Click on the blue boxes below to see our current job opportunities.
United Way of the Capital Region is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and seeks to hire as diverse a staff as possible.
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
Exempt Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time with core hours of Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To provide support to assigned volunteers and accounts. Support includes, but is not limited to the analysis, development, and scheduling of campaign plans in cooperation with volunteer leadership. To develop account relationships that enhance year-round interaction between United Way and the customer.
- Create and manage annual workplace giving campaign plans and timetable, employing a fundraising process that sets goals, and helps to identify volunteer leadership.
- Manage assigned accounts and provide excellent customer service to support key volunteers in account management.
- Supervise Loaned Representatives and/or Temporary Campaign Associates as assigned.
- Research, evaluate and contact prospects for new account development.
- Ensure timely and accurate collection, recording and distribution of account data.
- Design and implement training programs for campaign coordinators and other resource development volunteers.
- Identify CEO cultivation calls and coordinate details.
- Work with communications and marketing to ensure United Way brand strategy is integrated into campaign plans and execution. Assist with development, ordering and distribution of campaign materials.
- Monitor and motivate volunteers who are active in the annual campaign.
- Identify and assist in volunteer recruitment and recognition.
- Manage and monitor campaign progress on a regular basis making adjustments as necessary to attain goal and ensure that volunteers receive up-to-date reports on a timely basis.
- Cultivate community support for the United Way and develop relationships by maintaining contacts year-round with companies and individuals.
- Attend key community events and activities as a way to promote the United Way of the Capital Region’s mission, vision and core values and become a defined community ambassador for United Way.
- Manage/participate in interdisciplinary work assignments as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in sales/marketing, fundraising or public or business administration.
- Prior experience in non-profit fundraising or equivalent work-related experience.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, public speaking, group training/facilitation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and gain the respect of a broad constituency base, including executive levels in business, industry and government, foundation management, service providers and other key community leaders.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: 41,000.00 – $48,000.00.
This is an in-office position for the first three months for training. After completing the first three months, the individual can choose to work remotely on Fridays, and the organization is exploring the possibility for more remote workdays.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].
United Way Core Competencies for All Staff
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.